Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weights and Measures

After many days of pigging out, just because I could! Yesterday and today I actually ate quite moderately. Like my subconscious decided to ease into it and just didn't want for (hardly) anything unhealthy.

I have noticed, however, that I am getting reflux A LOT, and from foods that didn't use to give me trouble. I am counting on the raw diet to put and end to this! I just wonder how long it will take.

Oh! Happy Mardi Gras and happy Women's Day! I did celebrate with a Starbucks caramel Frappuccino, a guilty pleasure not enjoyed for quite some time, and a piece of their coffee cake, which was frustratingly disappointing!

Anyway, on to the humiliating (ok, ok, humility inducing) point of this post: Current Stats.

This evening I weighed 183 pounds. Yes I'm 5'10" (OK FINE, it's actually 5'9" and something, but I used to be 5'10" and I'm sticking to that!), and I hide it well because I accumulate most of the weight around my hips and butt. But this is A LOT heavier than what is healthy for me.
My bust measures 39.5" (and that will be the first to go... Snifffff! I'll miss you girls!)
My waist measures 35.75", my hips 43", and my upper thighs 26.5".

I plan to update these every week, and keep you informed as to what I'm eating, how my body is feeling, etc. I also hope to exercise and meditate daily, but I am not making it a requirement, because, well frankly, a raw cleanse and a blog are plenty!

Today I exercised with a new walking DVD I got, which felt great. At first I thought I should wait, otherwise I would not know how much change came from the diet and how much from the exercise. But I had to remind myself why I'm doing this. This is about doing spring cleaning in God's temple. It is about renovating it, getting it in great shape for doing God's work. It is also about disciplining my ego and focusing on my soul.

For tomorrow I am ready with a fruit smoothy in the morning (keeps me full at least through noon, recipes below), raw garbanzo hummus, salad materials, vegetable juice, fruit/vegetable juice, and dried fruit. I am looking forward to it, I can honestly say that, and, as scared as I was about it, the blogging has been fine. I still cringe every time I press the "share on FaceBook" button, but it's OK.

Raw Garbanzo Hummus
1 bag of dried garbanzos, washed and left to soak in water for days, then pureed in the food processor (texture will be grainy, not smooth)
1 jar of tahini
4-5 garlic cloves
Olive oil (varies depending on desired consistency and taste)
Salt
Lemon juice optional.

Serve on celery sticks or on a lettuce wrap with chopped veggies (cucumber, tomato, bell pepper)

Morning Smoothy
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 tablespoon fiber
2 tablespoons flax seeds (ground)
1 packet of effervescent vitamin powder (like EmergenC)
4 tablespoons yogurt (plain or vanilla)
Water (about a cup, depending on desired thickness)

I hope you enjoy these! And good night :)

1 comment:

  1. oooo! never thought about adding emergen-c to my smoothies! i like that idea!

    ReplyDelete