Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 13, I am really scared right now (probably not what you think)

OK, ok, I am freaked out and having a simultaneous attack of the willies because I looked at a picture of a whale. Since childhood I've had an irrational fear of big fish and dark water (yes, yes, I know whales are mammals, apparently my fear does not), which, thankfully, does not usually interfere with my life. Still, I have tried to overcome it and have gotten much better, now I can go sailing with my husband and not completely loose it, although the idea of having to jump in to the river to rescue somebody makes me hyperventilate.

So, today while checking out Facebook I saw a photo of a Pilot whale posted by the Isla del Coco people. They were advertising this really neat video (although it took all I had to watch it, and I had to look away a couple of times), but below the video is the scariest photo of a whale I have ever seen. There is something about the eye. I am going to have trouble sleeping even though this afternoon I was very sleepy, again!

Because of not planning ahead very well I had a glass of soy milk before leaving for my first appointment, and later got a berry smoothie from McD's (this time I asked for the paper with the nutritional info on it, not as bad as you might think actually). Later I had an EmergenC and another glass of soy milk with protein powder added (thinking it would help me feel less sleepy), and later still a great lettuce wrap with broccoli, red pepper, cauliflower, carrot, Guacamole and Savory Brazil Nuts (see recipes page for those two), then some dried peaches for dessert.

Now, I'm sitting here wishing I had not looked at that photo (it was like a train wreck, I couldn't help it) and feeling like I need to pray.

My apologies for the weird blog post, from now on I will try to avoid looking at freaky photos before I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment