Friday, March 11, 2011

Days 2 and 3, feeling good!

It's been a BUSY two days, thus the absence of a post yesterday. First of all, I want to acknowledge the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan today, I have been praying for the country and all the people affected, whether on site or far away. I have also been so grateful for our safety and lack of concerns!

Now on to the fast, I have been very relieved to find that my body apparently remembered the extremely rigid, 3 month detox diet of 6 years ago, and fell right into step with this diet. The last few days have been... easy!!! yes, there have been a few moments (cooking green beans for the girls, smelling McDonald's fries, looking at the unopened bag of tortilla chips just sitting there as if saying "I miss you, I'm nothing without you, you are my purpose, my whole reason for being! C'mon! OPEN ME! Stop scooping up the hummus with peas!! Don't slop the guacamole on your salad! That's what I'M for!!), but for the most part it has not been a HUGE challenge.

Of course we are only on day 3...

But the first days of a drastic change like this tend to be the hardest (and they have been for Loren, poor thing, this was his idea and he really thought it would be easy!!), so it must get better from here.

I do know already, however, that I am going to have to start trying some new recipes soon. Hummus and guacamole will only be fun for so long, plus this blog will not be very helpful unless I start adding recipes PRONTO! I am also realizing this page is suffering from a pathetic lack of photos --will add some tomorrow! Loren washed and chopped tons of beautiful bright veggies that deserve a photo!

I also have to figure out how to put the recipes on a separate page, so they can be easily seen all together.

OK, yesterday's menu was very similar to day 1, smoothie (with plain yogurt now), gazpacho, hummus with peas, fresh blueberries (yum! I don't think I have ever had them fresh), ruby red grapefruit, then a nice salad with romaine, carrots, broccoli, and Loren's amazing guacamole (recipe coming soon!). I had dinner because it seemed like the civilized thing to do, but I was not particularly hungry. This morning I again, did NOT wake up hungry, although I did feel like I could have used some caffeine (didn't get enough sleep). I just had some orange juice and the sugar in it seemed to help me wake up enough to get the day started.

A bit later I had my smoothie, some dried apples, again hummus with peas for lunch (very small servings at a time, it is very filling!), with some spicy vegetable/tomato juice and a few dried cherries. For snack I tried 3 crackers made with flax seeds (we are now soaking flax seeds to try to make our own batch with our jerky dehydrator -with the help of a fancy thermometer, so we don't go above the right temperature). For dinner I had a small serving of ceviche (Loren was trying out some locally caught fish we had in the freezer so he only made a small batch, the big batch will be for lunch tomorrow!), guacamole, and a salad with red lettuce, peas, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and alfalfa sprouts. I served myself what I thought was a small serving, but was not able to finish it. Oh! and I had a cup of white wine with orange juice, then for dessert I had a teaspoon of honey :)

Spiritually I have been peaceful, for the most part, and I have been focusing on gratitude and contentment.  Eckhard Tolle (A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61)
) continues to teach me in the car and it has been helping ENORMOUSLY to hear about the ego's crafty tricks to get its way. It's been instrumental in helping me recognize some "cravings" as the ego's attempt at getting attention, because I really have not felt that my Body has asked for anything in particular.

I am going to sleep now and I am promising myself that I will post more photos and recipes tomorrow. I hope your evening and coming day are blessed with peace, gratitude, feelings of prosperity, and wonderful, healthy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment