Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 35, Sharing a beautiful video

I came across this video today and wept from the beauty of its message.

For a woman that has never really encountered violence or abuse in her relationships and has never felt the need to hear this apology, I was still greatly moved by it. I suspect that for women who have experienced such treatment watching this could be cathartic at the very least.

This video also reminded me that I have to allow my feminine side to be more present in my every day life. I don't mean in the superficial ways, flirting, giggling and wearing more make-up, which is what I thought femininity was about when I was younger (and the reason why I found it to be a gargantuan waste of time). I mean in the nurturing, intuitive, gentle, and quietly powerful ways that define a real woman.

I need more yin for my yang.

Here is the video, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment