Monday, February 28, 2011

Looking forward to complete health

L2 has been sick on and off (mostly on, it feels like) since Jan 14th. We're seeing the doctor again tomorrow, hoping for a miracle drug to cure this once and for all, and for a long long time.

I caught her cold about a week and a half ago, spent a weekend in bed trying to speed up the whole process, almost lost my voice on Wednesday (took that day off too), and have been dealing with an annoying, yet productive cough since then. Today my chest and throat feel itchier, the cough a little different. I am claiming perfect health and my intention is to charge a head on the fast lane to full recovery, but I can't help but be apprehensive that this might be a step back. I don't even have time for a step sideways!

Something tells me, although it could just be wishful thinking, that the raw diet will super charge my immune system. That sounds heavenly right now, it really gives me a lot of peace. Getting sick was simply not in my repertoire for a few years now, in fact, this cold feels like a wake up call: "How long did yo think you could get away with eating the way you have been, not exercising enough, and burning the candle at both ends non stop?"

I hear you. Loud and clear. I'll be better from now on.To you, to us.
For them. But mostly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment