Saturday, February 26, 2011

Giving up coffee

In preparation for giving up all-things-heated-above-102-degrees, I have been drinking less coffee.

If you are a coffee drinker, I know what you're going to ask and...
No, I have not tried making coffee with water heated to 102 degrees, although I have thought about it. First I have to buy a decent food thermometer.


**Ah CRAP, my daughter just reminded her that I can't have coffee at all because the beans are roasted! aaaaaaaaaagh! why does she have to be such a smarty pants? (that's what I get for teaching her how to read)

I have been leaving coffee to the days when I did not get enough sleep (I am a child when it comes to bedtime) and have to get behind the wheel early, and on days when I don't need it I just haven't been drinking it.

BUT, here is the big but (OK the BIG butt is in my chair, but by Easter it will be a MUCH smaller butt), I LOVE coffee as a comfort food, and today I just WANTED some. I didn't need the caffeine, I just WAAAAANTED some! I tried to resist, in preparation for The Big Fast, but it did not take long for me to just say "F it" and warm myself up a cup of yummy Costa Rican coffee with milk, sugar and vanilla!    :)




Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Have I told you we go visit my family in Costa Rica once a year and we bring our coffee from there, so it's the REAL thing and it is not bitter or anything?


....
        ....
               ....                  O My Lord!

(and that's not blasphemy, I really am invoking the name of God)


this fast is going to SUCK!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a lenten sacrifice!
    Re "overweight" -- we're all way too hard on our bodies. The raw food experiment is worth trying as an interesting journey. Just make sure to respect and nourish your body at all stages of that journey.
    xo
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catherine!
    I will definitely try to respect and nourish my body and soul (even though I think my body will be begging me to disrespect it by feeding it donuts and hazelnut lattes). I appreciate your kind words.
    The overweight thing is relative, sure. I am lucky to be tall and hide it well, but I have a closet full of clothes gathering dust, and I am not looking forward to sailing because of my clothing options (burkas can get tangled up in the lines).
    I like the word journey, I need to keep it in mind. It is too easy to think of the Easter finish line and just muscle through it until then, but then I would not be truly appreciating the journey (probably the reason why God inspired me to start this blog).
    Thanks again! Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete